Posted on Wednesday 5 March 2014 by Ulster Business
Allison Miller, Assistant Director of Communications at Business in the Community, explained that the deadline had been extended due to a number of requests from companies who wanted to enter.
"Our unique, independently assessed awards provide a great opportunity for organisations to receive recognition for their work in local communities, in protecting our environment, with their own workforce or all three, OR to say thank you to a special community partner with our nomination category. I'd encourage all businesses not to miss out," she said.
Sponsored by Electric Ireland and in association with Ulster Business Magazine, the annual awards categories are:
• NI Responsible Company of the Year (sponsored by Invest NI)
• Environmental Improvement (sponsored by Translink)
• Business and Biodiversity (sponsored by AES)
• Employer of Choice (sponsored by Arthur Cox)
• Employability Champion (sponsored by PwC)
• Community Impact (sponsored by firmus energy)
• Education Partner (sponsored by Allen & Overy)
• Community Leader (sponsored by Danske Bank)
Applications can be made online at www.bitcni.org.uk. The gala awards ceremony will take place in Belfast Waterfront Hall on Thursday 5 June.